The Hobart Writers Festival 2021 (HWF21) will comply with Tasmanian State and other applicable COVID-19 Safety regulations and requirements, including compliance with the COVID-19 Safety Plans of the three venues in which the Festival will take place (Hadley’s Orient Hotel, the Maritime Museum of Tasmania and Parliament House Lawns).
Specific measures include:
- Preferring Tasmanian based presenters to minimise risk of disruptions due to cancellations.
- Where mainland presenters are unable to travel to Tasmania due to COVID-19 restrictions, TasWriters will livestream them into sessions at HWF21.
- In the event that Tasmania enters a lockdown before or during TWF21, refunds can be provided; and other contingencies TasWriters has considered and planned for will be put in place, depending on the specifics of the lockdown declaration.
- Tickets are required for all indoor events to comply with venue capacities that allow for social distancing.
- The names, contact email and phone number of each ticket holder is required for contact tracing.
- Venue specific check-in procedures will also be followed (e.g. use of Check in Tas QR procedures).
- Social distancing will be observed.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be provided at all venues.
- Masks are not currently mandatory; however attendees may wear a COVID-19 standard safety mask if desired. TasWriters and the HWF21 venues will comply with any protocols or requirements if the position regarding mask wearing is updated before or during HWF21.